Sunday 19 September 2010

London Fashion Love Letters: Spijkers en Spijkers

Hi Perm (again)!

I know I wasn’t supposed to tell you this just yet, but I really need to boast about my celeb spotting, so here we go:

After visiting Somerset House for Craig Lawrence’s exhibition, I headed down to Victoria’s House. I do have to apologize for mocking your orienteering skills earlier, as mine told me to walk pass my destination without even noticing. After asking for directions and walking back to where I was supposed to be, I finally ended up queuing to get into the Spijkers en Spijkers show. This time I was lucky, as my invitation had a red dot on it - those red dots make you rise a little higher on the fashion rank and get inside sooner than the rest. It might not be like being a VIP, but still...there's something about the red dots!

For the new Spijkers en Spijkers collection, the designer twin sisters Truus and Riet had found inspiration in the gloomy story of Elisa Day. She's a girl whose lover is so entranced by her beauty that he decides to kill her in order to preserve her image. He takes Elisa to a place where wild roses grow and ruthlessly takes her life after kissing her goodbye.

The collection was a blend of the innocence and darkness of the story: floral fabrics took us back to the flower fields, lace brought in the lightness of air while dark colours and geometric shapes contradicted that purity. Did I like the collection? Lets say that I might have to fight the urge to get part of it into my own wardrobe.

While happily snapping pictures of the outfits, I noticed that in the background of the photos there seemed to be a familiar face. A face that I had seen on a screen before, a TV screen that is. Even though the lips did look smaller, it could not have been anyone else than Janice Dickinson herself, sitting there about 3 meters away from me! Hurraying myself for recognizing someone famous, I tried to take a picture of her in the most casual manner possible. Of course my attempt to capture her face failed miserably, but at least the photo gives you some waterproof evidence!

Maybe you'll run into her tomorrow? If you will, then say hi from me - she might know me as The Stalker.

Emmi


No comments:

Post a Comment