Sunday 8 November 2009

Good Shoes live!

I've been meaning to talk about this since last week but things got a little crazy and now my lovely friends Good Shoes are on tour. Some of you will have already seen them!

Gemma will do a preview of the new album No Hope, No Future for you some time this week. We've all heard it, exclusively for the SS office, we all love it so much that we make it a daily ritual to listen to it first thing in the morning everyday.

Last week, I stalked them all the way to their rehearsal space to watch them live (my only chance this year as I'll be away by the time they play ULU on Dec 12th). My favourite is 'City By the Sea', I didn't seem to hear Steve's cute guitar lines on the record but much more live, and as brilliant as it is, 'Under Control' will always make me laugh at how disgusting Rhys is. 'I Know' is also a really nice change and a more grown up approach for them, weirdly, it doesn't sound like Rhys at all.
Here's a few of my crappy iPhone pictures. Krittiya took better ones, maybe we'll air them later once she's developed her films...
Sharing mic is a very in thing right now, and so is Haggerston rehearsal space, according to them here. In case you don't know... We love them so much we've made them our Jury of the Month this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment