Friday 16 October 2009

Alex Turner Goes Solo...


Much to my better judgement, I really like Arctic Monkey’s third album; maybe after hearing ‘Crying Lighting’ possibly every time I get into the car, I can’t keep away from listening to their bitter hooks and morbid twangs, and so with full force, I readily curse the power of radio to brainwash these feelings into my mind.

Yet, while I come to grips with my enjoyment of their latest release, Humbug, what do I see pop up in my inbox, but a androgynous video of Alex Turner, in a karaoke performance pose for single 'Cornerstone' scarily looking like a pre-pubescent boy.

So I want you all to look into the peepers of crazy-eyes Turner, see the spine-chilling emptiness, and please explain to me how this fits this beautifully written song?!

1 comment: