Friday 2 April 2010

Best and Worst Music VDO Awards

Honestly, if MTV could do it, so can I on... on my own on Good Friday where my only guest of honour is a cat called Michael de Babioshka.


Let's start with the best one, I know it's only the beginning of the month but it looks like this could be the best thing anyone will get to see in the next 28 days already! Phantogram, SUPERSWEET's favourite new band, with their new single 'Mouthful of Diamonds' (hmmm.... wouldn't that be nice?) - their video is just so alien-like I wanted to cry when I first saw it. I once went to an amazing gig where someone in the crowd kept yelling, "Seriously, how did you do that?" to the band. And I was like... what a thing to be shouting out. But now I'm going through the same motion... How did Phantogram do that? It's so good, so beautiful, powerful and mysteriously seductive! I'm in love right now. BRAVO!


And now let's skip all the way to the worst one. Just like Eric Prydz's 'Call On Me', Grum's 'Can't Shake This Feeling' is another interpretation of the infamous and attention-seeking (but works every time) "sex sells" method. However, before you think I'm torturing our office cat with a facelift. It's only because Michael got too squeamish to watch and I've had to force her. How demeaning can this get? Surely even Terry Richardson would disapprove!

But all in all, thanks to both. Now I have seen everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment