Monday 21 September 2009

Let's come out in colour!

The others are busy running around doing LFW, I'm now released from my NYC Fashion Week duty, looks like I'm the only one ranting.

I've just bought a big load of collection from Opening Ceremony shoes for our next year's Spring/Summer stock which I'm super psyched about. All I can describe now is that they have kept their classic OC styles but substitute them with more playful materials like tie dyed and leopard print suede (separately). There's also this bright magenta suede which I'd love to get for us but don't think the world is quite ready yet for it.

This got me thinking, I know everyone loves black and it always sells, but looking at an online shop full of black is so depressing for me, don't you think? I want to come to a shop that's inspiring and full of life, black is just... well another dark colour to me. We probably don't have a place on the fashion map yet but it made me realise we have to start somewhere. I want to have a say in what people really want to wear so for this season to come, I'm keeping the black items only when necessary and I say yes to tie dyes & polka dots from Noble Youth (a newish and affordable enterprise based in NYC), leopard prints from Opening Ceremony, mad mulit-colour prints from Alexandre Herchcovitch and nautical nonsense from SteveJ & YoniP. And this is going to be the craziest season yet. If you want to come out and be yourself, come to SUPERSWEET Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment