Tuesday 15 September 2009

Behind the Scenes: BESTIVAL

Whoa! SUPERSWEET’s been all over the place this last weekend, with the Ed whirling herself off to fashion central in NY, I’ve been destroying my eardrums and browning my face like a crème brulee in the lovely Isle of Wight. While you may chortle at its lack of glamour, SUPERSWEET’s covered the island’s much hailed Bestival welcoming anyone with a colourful identity crisis for the space themed costume parties...and keep those eyes peeled for the in-depth review of the festival on SUPERSWEET! For now, here are some snippets of the musical mayhem I got up to!

After ploughing through what costumes to decorate myself with, I decided with the loveable red jumpsuit wearing Mork aka Mork and Mindy! However bumping into a male Mork only realised how poor my delightfully homemade costume was, well I suppose you can decide... I did get cheered in the costume catwalk and hugged by a sweaty Chewbacca look-i-like!

While running around searching for the Hidden Disco in the forestry labyrinth, I began to doubt my journalistic skills until I ran to new-wave soul band Hockey, bear hugging them for their fab interview earlier and snapping a cheeky photo of beauties; vocalist Benjamin Grubin and bassist Jeremy Reynolds. Feeling I’d proven my journalism worth, we cheered Happy Birthday to Jeremy; yet with a quick turn I swiftly lost myself in the woods and failed as a simple festival goer, missing Cagedbaby at the Hidden Disco!

Hockey wasn’t the only band we managed to get chatting too; in the upcoming review we’ve recapped horror stories from Kitty, Daisy and Lewis, Chew Lips and their sexual party tricks and Casiokids rocked up for a late night acrobatic finale with the lead singer face painted in the style of a space cat (or as the band pointed out repeatedly, definitely a mouse). In the press tent we overheard a band accidentally slipping a racial slur, and while struggling up the hill home I spotted lead singer of The Big Pink, Robbie Furze wearing a cropped fur gilet and white sunglasses looking rather pleased with himself.

Anyone have any stories to share with SUPERSWEET? Comment below, we want to hear your adventures too, you could even get a mention the article...only if you make us laugh into incontinence of course!

2 comments: