Thursday 6 May 2010

Goodbye Christian World. CocoRosie is My New Religion.


REJOICE IN THE NAME OF COCOROSIE! REJOICE!


Checking out our BAND OF THE MONTH CocoRosie out two nights ago, gave me serious shivers and I still can't shake them off. The 500+ Union Chapel venue just felt too homely to appreciate the EPIC arrival of this kooky (yeah I said it, koookaay) band to British shores. I felt like there should be a circus parade of zoo creatures shuffling into the seats, pigeons flying into windows, bleeding hormonal chicken, at least something more than the possesed youngster gyrating next to the altar and stage. To the said dancer, Jesus is judging you and judging you hard.

But I couldn't help but Cheshire-cat grin to the swaying, the ever so Adams Family organ solo which I caught on film. This is what church service should be like: a dude beat-boxing in the background, fuzzy projector pictures, eccentric choral music, and costume born, nonchalant sisters retorting, in English I might add, "We don't understand English". Check out the tiniest snippet below and don't forget to read the full gig review coming up at www.supersweet.org/music.

No comments:

Post a Comment